Effexis Software Community  

Go Back   Effexis Software Community > Effexis Support Forums > Achieve Planner Tips, Tricks, and Best Practices

Achieve Planner Tips, Tricks, and Best Practices General forum to ask (and answer) questions about how to use Achieve Planner and share your tips, tricks, and best practices.

Old 05-24-2011, 11:57 AM

Lightbulb Tip: Using Personal Brain as a personal knowledgebase

Hi all.
I would like to recommend a solution i am using for ALL my non action related material (i.e. for my A-Z digital reference system). It is really a great and innovative solution that enables me to store A LOT of material.
Actually when i started writing this post i meant to write a short post about how i use the software but it kind of grew to a BIG post instead explaining the software in a bit more detail . Just so you know i have no relationship with the company selling this software, i just think it REALLY is a great software and i want to recommend it here.

I use AP as my action planning application and in my opinion nothing comes even close to AP when it comes to planning and getting things done and also as a life planning solution (goal setting etc.). Except for action related things like projects i have a lot of non action "stuff" (digital stuff of all kinds) i want and need to save and this goes from all kinds of reference material to files to links to yeah whatever. All of you know how much we in the information age need to "handle" and be able to manage and work with and the system iīll explain here is a complete single solution that so far for me can handle it all.

Personal Brain:
Here is a short summary / explanation of the key parts of personal brain (PB) and how i use it:
PB layout:
First of all the software is a limitless mindmap, i.e the main layout and interface is like in a mindmap BUT it does not have the restrictions of a typical mindmap where you only have 1 central topic and sub-topics around that central topic. PB uses the same idea with a central topic and sub-topics connected to the central topic but instead of only having 1 central topic, all topics in PB are central topics. If i i.e. create a new thought (the topics are called thoughts) called "Health" and i then create another thought under that thought called "Vital health related information". When i have the "Health" thought activated this thought is the central topic and i see all other thoughts (sub-topics) connected to that thought in a visual display (like a mindmap). If i then click and activate the "Vital health related information", this topic then becomes the central topic and i then see all of the thoughts (sub-topics) under that thought. It works like this and is literary limitless. A guy that has used this software for 10+ years has over 150.000 thoughts!!!!. The software is highly visual and it is great at working with and to get my thinking out in front of me.

Connecting thoughts - tags (contexts), labels, thought types:
PB has great features to connect and attach "meaning" to thoughts.
Tags - I can tag all thoughts (like GTD context) and then see all thoughts tagged in a separate window (i.e. if i activate a tag called "Planning", i see all thoughts with that tag in a map structure of its own.

Labels - I can create labels for the line between thoughts (i.e. i could in the line connecting my "Health" thought and my "Vital health related information" thought create a label called "Donīt forget to update this info regularly". When i then hoover the line between these thoughts i see my label.

Thought types - I can create custom thought types with custom icon, text color, thought color and line color. I.e. if i throughout my brain has contacts related to something special (i.e. "Business contact") i can create a special thought type for these contacts so that all of these contacts look the same (easy to recognize the meaning) and i can also use the thought type features to search for all thoughts that has that thought type (almost like the tag feature explained above. It is a little bit different and has other features than tags).

--

Thought relationships:
PB has several relationship features for connecting thoughts.
The main thought is called the "Active thought". Above the active thought i can see the "Parent thought". Under the active thought are "Children thoughts". To the left of the active thought is "Jump thoughts". To the right of the active thought are "Sibling thoughts". All of these relationships are displayed when i have a thought activated. The great thing with the relationships are that they are very flexible in PB and do not need to only be connected to one thought. If i have a thought called "Personal free time" and under that thought i have a thought called "Traveling" and i use this thought for all kinds of traveling text, ideas, files, links etc. (both personal and professional) and i then in another part of my brain have another thought called "Business abroad" and i want to have a thought called "Traveling" under that thought as well i can instead of creating a new thought called "Traveling" under the "Business abroad" thought i can connect and create a relationship between the "Traveling" thought under my "Personal free time" thought and the "Business abroad" thought so that i instead have and use THE SAME "Traveling" thought under both my "Personal free time" and my "Business abroad" thoughts. This was only one explanation of the kinds of relationships that is possible with PB and there are several other.

--

Thought text area, icon, attachments, folders, virtual folders:
All thoughts have these features.
Thought text area - Each thought has a text area for entering text, notes of all kinds and i use this for all kinds of things. If i have a thought i am looking at and working on i can use it almost like a "next action reminder" (i.e. a note on what i was working on etc.). I also use this area for links, whole articles of text sometimes and i have seen others use this for many others things.

Thought icon - I can add a icon to each thought and it can be something for me to recognize some meaning and it can also be i.e. a flow chart or a picture and here PB has a smart feature. If i am i.e looking at bathrooms for a renovation and i am browsing the web and i find a Ikea "(i am from Sweden ) bathroom (with a picture of it) that i think looks nice and i want to save this image for later thinking about if and comparing it to other bathrooms. I can then save the image and attach it to a thought called "Ikea bathroom ***". This image is then displayed as the icon for that thought and it is not very big when i am looking at it as a normal thought icon but if i hoover over the icon the image is automatically displayed (zoomed to original image size) and i can directly see the bathroom image (i can also open a folder that has the original image file). PB has 2 different ways of "capturing" thought icons. I can either manually save the image to my desktop and then copy it to the thought but PB also has another feature that lets me directly capture any area on my screen (like snagit, i take a custom selected "screenshot" of any area of my screen and this screenshot then becomes the thought icon).

--

Thought attachment, folders, virtual folders - Each thought has a file folder for attachments etc. and i can view my attachments directly from my though (if i have no thought icon and i have a i.e. pdf document in the thought folder, the "Word" icon (for a word document) is displayed instead. I also see a list of all attachments under that thought. I can then directly from PB launch any attachment. I can also open up the folder and work with the contents like in the standard windows file folder system. Another feature is what PB calls "virtual folders". If i have i.e. a shared network drive with folders, files that both me and one of my colleagues are working one i can create a virtual thought in my brain that really only is a "mirror" the contents of that folder so that i can see it in my brain and connect it to other thoughts, relationships etc. in my brain (and i can also launch files etc.).

--

Instant search feature, reports, themes, calendar with Google calendar sync, backup, web-brain and team-brains, additional features:
Instant search feature - PB has a REALLY GREAT and super fast instant search feature and the instant search box is always opened when PB is activate and with that i can search for and activate any thought within my brain in a couple of seconds tops and it is really working great.

Reports - PB has a very good set of already created reports so that i can create reports on almost anything i like (like thought types, dates, inactive single thoughts and lots more) and this is great for going through the brain and also for all kinds of maintenance tasks. I can also search WITHIN files i.e. pdf, word, excel files (these files are all indexed) so if i i.e. know i have a text column SOMEWHERE in some document with text about "Benjamin Franklin" and i need to find that document. I use the search (reports) feature and whola i get a result listing all documents within my brain containing the words "Benjamin Franklin". This is a really great feature and especially when the brain is starting to get REAL BIG with LOTS of documents etc.

Themes - PB is fully customizable so i can create my own themes with different background images, fonts, font colors etc.

Calendar with Google calendar sync - In PB there is a calendar that is accessible from all thoughts and this calendar can be synced with Google calendar. PB have some issues with the sync and i am not using the sync right now (NB: Be aware that the sync is maybe not working to 100% if you want to try that feature) but the ideal thing for me would be to sync AP and PB (and also with my Iphone) together so i only have 1 calendar for everything. The calendar in PB is still working and right now i am using it for reminders of things like "review thought ***" etc.

Backup - PB has 2 different ways of backing up your brain. 1. You can create a "Brainzip" that zippes your entire brain down in a file that you can then copy to another location. 2. You can sign up for a online backup feature that is synced automatically with the PB website (you then also get other features like a web-brain and a sync feature where you can sync your brain over several computers. More about the web-brain features further down.

Web-brain - PB has a web-brain feature and this is a feature where PB automatically syncs your brain to a online active x / java version of your brain so that you can reach it anywhere and from any computer/browser. With this feature you can also create a sync relationship that sync your original brain to another computer (the same principles are used for a collaboration feature PB has called team-brain). I am currently not using this feature but i thinking about using it. Another cool related feature that some companies use is the option to "publish" a brain to either PBīs or their own website so that visitors can browse the brain (companies use it for F.A.Q īs etc.).

Additional features - Now i think i have covered most core features but there are many small different cool features of all kinds throughout the software.

--

I am using the pro version of the software and the pro version has many additional features compared to the other versions. NB: There is a free version available (but it does not have all of the features explained above).

You can find the software at: http://www.thebrain.com/
You can also find many recorded webinars explaining PB and its uses in detail at: http://www.thebrain.com/community/event-archive/
NB: David Allen (GTD) is actually using this software and you can find a webinar recorded where he goes through his brain and usage of PB on the events page.

I hope you will try this software and get the same great use of it as i have. It really is a COMPLETE solution FOR ALL digital material.

Regards / Henrik
Old 08-01-2011, 05:57 PM

Does anyone ever find that when they are using such software, that their thoughts are inaccessible simply because one needs to go into the software to review the thoughts?
Old 03-29-2012, 10:27 AM

Default Tnks Henrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik Pedersen View Post
Hi all.
I would like to recommend a solution i am using for ALL my non action related material (i.e. for my A-Z digital reference system). It is really a great and innovative solution that enables me to store A LOT of material.
Actually when i started writing this post i meant to write a short post about how i use the software but it kind of grew to a BIG post instead explaining the software in a bit more detail . Just so you know i have no relationship with the company selling this software, i just think it REALLY is a great software and i want to recommend it here.

I use AP as my action planning application and in my opinion nothing comes even close to AP when it comes to planning and getting things done and also as a life planning solution (goal setting etc.). Except for action related things like projects i have a lot of non action "stuff" (digital stuff of all kinds) i want and need to save and this goes from all kinds of reference material to files to links to yeah whatever. All of you know how much we in the information age need to "handle" and be able to manage and work with and the system iīll explain here is a complete single solution that so far for me can handle it all.

Personal Brain:
Here is a short summary / explanation of the key parts of personal brain (PB) and how i use it:
PB layout:
First of all the software is a limitless mindmap, i.e the main layout and interface is like in a mindmap BUT it does not have the restrictions of a typical mindmap where you only have 1 central topic and sub-topics around that central topic. PB uses the same idea with a central topic and sub-topics connected to the central topic but instead of only having 1 central topic, all topics in PB are central topics. If i i.e. create a new thought (the topics are called thoughts) called "Health" and i then create another thought under that thought called "Vital health related information". When i have the "Health" thought activated this thought is the central topic and i see all other thoughts (sub-topics) connected to that thought in a visual display (like a mindmap). If i then click and activate the "Vital health related information", this topic then becomes the central topic and i then see all of the thoughts (sub-topics) under that thought. It works like this and is literary limitless. A guy that has used this software for 10+ years has over 150.000 thoughts!!!!. The software is highly visual and it is great at working with and to get my thinking out in front of me.

Connecting thoughts - tags (contexts), labels, thought types:
PB has great features to connect and attach "meaning" to thoughts.
Tags - I can tag all thoughts (like GTD context) and then see all thoughts tagged in a separate window (i.e. if i activate a tag called "Planning", i see all thoughts with that tag in a map structure of its own.

Labels - I can create labels for the line between thoughts (i.e. i could in the line connecting my "Health" thought and my "Vital health related information" thought create a label called "Donīt forget to update this info regularly". When i then hoover the line between these thoughts i see my label.

Thought types - I can create custom thought types with custom icon, text color, thought color and line color. I.e. if i throughout my brain has contacts related to something special (i.e. "Business contact") i can create a special thought type for these contacts so that all of these contacts look the same (easy to recognize the meaning) and i can also use the thought type features to search for all thoughts that has that thought type (almost like the tag feature explained above. It is a little bit different and has other features than tags).

--

Thought relationships:
PB has several relationship features for connecting thoughts.
The main thought is called the "Active thought". Above the active thought i can see the "Parent thought". Under the active thought are "Children thoughts". To the left of the active thought is "Jump thoughts". To the right of the active thought are "Sibling thoughts". All of these relationships are displayed when i have a thought activated. The great thing with the relationships are that they are very flexible in PB and do not need to only be connected to one thought. If i have a thought called "Personal free time" and under that thought i have a thought called "Traveling" and i use this thought for all kinds of traveling text, ideas, files, links etc. (both personal and professional) and i then in another part of my brain have another thought called "Business abroad" and i want to have a thought called "Traveling" under that thought as well i can instead of creating a new thought called "Traveling" under the "Business abroad" thought i can connect and create a relationship between the "Traveling" thought under my "Personal free time" thought and the "Business abroad" thought so that i instead have and use THE SAME "Traveling" thought under both my "Personal free time" and my "Business abroad" thoughts. This was only one explanation of the kinds of relationships that is possible with PB and there are several other.

--

Thought text area, icon, attachments, folders, virtual folders:
All thoughts have these features.
Thought text area - Each thought has a text area for entering text, notes of all kinds and i use this for all kinds of things. If i have a thought i am looking at and working on i can use it almost like a "next action reminder" (i.e. a note on what i was working on etc.). I also use this area for links, whole articles of text sometimes and i have seen others use this for many others things.

Thought icon - I can add a icon to each thought and it can be something for me to recognize some meaning and it can also be i.e. a flow chart or a picture and here PB has a smart feature. If i am i.e looking at bathrooms for a renovation and i am browsing the web and i find a Ikea "(i am from Sweden ) bathroom (with a picture of it) that i think looks nice and i want to save this image for later thinking about if and comparing it to other bathrooms. I can then save the image and attach it to a thought called "Ikea bathroom ***". This image is then displayed as the icon for that thought and it is not very big when i am looking at it as a normal thought icon but if i hoover over the icon the image is automatically displayed (zoomed to original image size) and i can directly see the bathroom image (i can also open a folder that has the original image file). PB has 2 different ways of "capturing" thought icons. I can either manually save the image to my desktop and then copy it to the thought but PB also has another feature that lets me directly capture any area on my screen (like snagit, i take a custom selected "screenshot" of any area of my screen and this screenshot then becomes the thought icon).

--

Thought attachment, folders, virtual folders - Each thought has a file folder for attachments etc. and i can view my attachments directly from my though (if i have no thought icon and i have a i.e. pdf document in the thought folder, the "Word" icon (for a word document) is displayed instead. I also see a list of all attachments under that thought. I can then directly from PB launch any attachment. I can also open up the folder and work with the contents like in the standard windows file folder system. Another feature is what PB calls "virtual folders". If i have i.e. a shared network drive with folders, files that both me and one of my colleagues are working one i can create a virtual thought in my brain that really only is a "mirror" the contents of that folder so that i can see it in my brain and connect it to other thoughts, relationships etc. in my brain (and i can also launch files etc.).

--

Instant search feature, reports, themes, calendar with Google calendar sync, backup, web-brain and team-brains, additional features:
Instant search feature - PB has a REALLY GREAT and super fast instant search feature and the instant search box is always opened when PB is activate and with that i can search for and activate any thought within my brain in a couple of seconds tops and it is really working great.

Reports - PB has a very good set of already created reports so that i can create reports on almost anything i like (like thought types, dates, inactive single thoughts and lots more) and this is great for going through the brain and also for all kinds of maintenance tasks. I can also search WITHIN files i.e. pdf, word, excel files (these files are all indexed) so if i i.e. know i have a text column SOMEWHERE in some document with text about "Benjamin Franklin" and i need to find that document. I use the search (reports) feature and whola i get a result listing all documents within my brain containing the words "Benjamin Franklin". This is a really great feature and especially when the brain is starting to get REAL BIG with LOTS of documents etc.

Themes - PB is fully customizable so i can create my own themes with different background images, fonts, font colors etc.

Calendar with Google calendar sync - In PB there is a calendar that is accessible from all thoughts and this calendar can be synced with Google calendar. PB have some issues with the sync and i am not using the sync right now (NB: Be aware that the sync is maybe not working to 100% if you want to try that feature) but the ideal thing for me would be to sync AP and PB (and also with my Iphone) together so i only have 1 calendar for everything. The calendar in PB is still working and right now i am using it for reminders of things like "review thought ***" etc.

Backup - PB has 2 different ways of backing up your brain. 1. You can create a "Brainzip" that zippes your entire brain down in a file that you can then copy to another location. 2. You can sign up for a online backup feature that is synced automatically with the PB website (you then also get other features like a web-brain and a sync feature where you can sync your brain over several computers. More about the web-brain features further down.

Web-brain - PB has a web-brain feature and this is a feature where PB automatically syncs your brain to a online active x / java version of your brain so that you can reach it anywhere and from any computer/browser. With this feature you can also create a sync relationship that sync your original brain to another computer (the same principles are used for a collaboration feature PB has called team-brain). I am currently not using this feature but i thinking about using it. Another cool related feature that some companies use is the option to "publish" a brain to either PBīs or their own website so that visitors can browse the brain (companies use it for F.A.Q īs etc.).

Additional features - Now i think i have covered most core features but there are many small different cool features of all kinds throughout the software.

--

I am using the pro version of the software and the pro version has many additional features compared to the other versions. NB: There is a free version available (but it does not have all of the features explained above).

You can find the software at: http://www.thebrain.com/
You can also find many recorded webinars explaining PB and its uses in detail at: http://www.thebrain.com/community/event-archive/
NB: David Allen (GTD) is actually using this software and you can find a webinar recorded where he goes through his brain and usage of PB on the events page.

I hope you will try this software and get the same great use of it as i have. It really is a COMPLETE solution FOR ALL digital material.

Regards / Henrik
Thanks a lot Henrik, I like very match The Brain to practice GTD. AP has NO such a SEARCH feature. SO I'll continue tu use PB, even as a Planner (I use tags with dates (like 2012-03-29) so I can GTD. I'll continue to explore AP but AP cannot replace TheBrain.
John Francis
Old 03-29-2012, 11:53 AM

I've tried out PB and it's a pretty neat program. I use an old version of Mindmanager that does what I need for information management, but I've definitely considered moving to PB, and some day I probably will. I haven't tried using PB for goal and time management, but I did experiment with Mindmanger and it worked, but I much prefer AP.

I understand that PB is much more than a mindmapping program. I would be interested to hear how it works for you. In no way could AP do what I use Mindmanager for, but it does exactly what I need it to do for its niche purpose - goals and time management, so I use them to complement each other. I know syncing between a program such as PB or MM and AP is a requested feature - hopefully some day that will happen.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allison View Post
Does anyone ever find that when they are using such software, that their thoughts are inaccessible simply because one needs to go into the software to review the thoughts?
I find the opposite - that the thoughts are better organized in my memory as a result of using the software.
Old 03-30-2012, 04:50 AM
Principal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattazuma View Post
I use an old version of Mindmanager that does what I need for information management, but I've definitely considered moving to PB
You can import Mindmanager maps straight into PersonalBrain, which is very handy. You can also link a PB item to a MindManager map if you don't want to import the whole map into PB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattazuma View Post
I understand that PB is much more than a mindmapping program. I would be interested to hear how it works for you. In no way could AP do what I use Mindmanager for
PersonalBrain and MindManager are very different. MM imposes a hierarchical relationship between all entries, i.e. every relationship is either parent or child, and any child can only have one parent. By contrast, PB allows complete flexibility - one entry can have as many parents as you want, and a parent can also be, say, a grandchild. In addition, there is a third relationship called a 'jump', which is a sideways relationship to any other entry. There are times when MM's hierarchical relationship can be very limiting but there can also be times when it imposes valuable structure. It really just depends what you want to do with the data.

Claire.
Old 04-05-2012, 03:11 PM

Lightbulb Thebrain, external mind

Hi all.
I have used thebrain (TB) as i mentioned in my previous post as my 1 system for managing digital "stuff" and it worked very well for this purpose, actually it worked to well . TB is literally limitless and this is good BUT it became a black whole which is not good (even though the search capabilities of TB is very good). I captured EVERYTHING in my brain and the brain grew and grew and after a while it was a BIG and very useful database of everything i found interesting etc. BUT i also noticed that i needed TB to access my interests (Allisonīs post). This was actually one of the main reasons i started using external systems. It enables one to have an objective control and a thoughtbased control in a way not possible in the same way if one has got everything only in oneīs mind. This is also what the GTD principles is built upon. The idea is that you shall not have anything "in your mind". You should capture EVERYTHING and then organize it in a external system which you review regulary.

Today i use TB in a different way. I use it for things where i want to create a database of any kind. For instance, if i am studying a particular subject e.g. "psychology". I will create a psychology brain and i will then use this brain for everything i want to save related to psychology. I save links, images, texts, files of all kinds.
I then use the database as my knowledge bank for this subject and after that i use other studying techniques for studying the things i really want to learn and i then work on really learning and remembering the things i want to learn. Actually this is something new for me, as mentioned before when using the idea of an "extended mind" for me it works as my external "brain". Everything i "document" in an external system is not easily accessed when thinking away from my system. It also limits my actual biological brain from doing what it does best (thinking and making connections). If i relate this to learning, if one relies on an external system for everything it removes the neccessity to think. Letīs take google as an example. If i know i can find something on google in a split second, why should i then learn it to memory? BECAUSE if i dont i do not use my biological brain to make connections etc. Another example of this, not sure if you use a GPS for getting around? and when driving? For me, before the GPS i thought about how to get around and how to drive here and there and then when GPS became the standard way of driving, I noticed that after using the GPS extensively for directions etc. i stopped THINKING about how to get to an adress. NB: Not saying using a GPS is not great, this is just to illustrate the idea i wrote about above.

I read about this in a book review a while back and i find it really interesting. The book is called "The Shallows" (Nicholas Carr). Its about among other things memory and the external mind idea. It explaines the risks of using e.g. google for everything and by doing that not having to learn/commit things to memory. It also writes about when using an external mind for more and more things it really takes away the very thing that makes us human, namely thinking (i.e. thinking and using the human biological brainīs full powers to think). Here is the link to the book review: http://supermemoadventures.blogspot....llow-mind.html

For me this was an eye opener and today i think very carefully about what is a part of my external mind (systems) and what i actually want to learn and remember. I try to balance this in a good, optimal way because the external mind idea is a very good one, and very good for the brain in some ways e.g. to relieve stress, have control etc. BUT one have to have a balance and not use the external mind for everything (and absolutely not for very important things). Also one have to actually learn and remember the things that are really important.

I also use TB as my database tool for all kinds of other things, some examples:
- my health knowledge bank
- one of my job roles knowledge bank
- analysis tool for analysing a particular area
- sometimes i create a "project brain"

TB is a really great tool but as i wrote above in this post, i have become more careful with the whole external mind idea. I have also become more and more careful with AP and with what i keep in AP (external system/mind). Itīs a balance and i keep learning and thinking about this and find it really interesting.

Regarding the ideas in this post about the biological brain, external mind etc. This is my view, my thoughts and my opinions. I am not an expert in this area in any way and I am not saying that this is the way it is. I am saying this is the way I think about this. I just wanted to make this clear because this might be different from some of your ideas and thinking in this area and i am not looking for a interllectual discussion. I am just sharing my view and thoughts.
Another note, i know that what i write in this post might SEEM to contradict to what i wrote in another post earlier today (capture audio/image/gps). I want to clear this up right away. I capture A LOT and i sort A LOT of things into my external systems BUT i also at the same time sort out the things i want to remember and the things i find important and i then actively work on learning and commiting these things to memory (mainly the things i want to learn) and as i wrote above i am still learning about this and my balance etc. Just wanted to clear this up because the contradiction became apperent in my mind when re-reading both of the post i wrote today .

Regards Henrik

Last edited by Henrik Pedersen; 04-05-2012 at 03:59 PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:57 AM

Smile Personal Brain comment

I tried PB and liked it, but didn't like having yet another program running. The NOTES feature in AP works for me. I created general topics for Titles where I wanted to store the info and put my notes in the space that is called Notes. These used to be a piece of paper or sticky notes on my once cluttered desk. Now I can go into it and transfer anything that becomes a To-Do item into AP and schedule it. One less piece of software helps my already cluttered / scattered brain.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:02 AM

Smile Excuse me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by _suistido View Post
In my opinion you are not right. I can defend the position. Write to me in PM.
When someone shares what works for them (and it really does work for me), a judgment on it makes no sense. If what I do is not right for you, then do whatever is right. As an adult with ADD issues, I've had to adapt and try out many different types of personal information managers. In Achieve Planner, I've found a winner for the way that I think. Personal Brain is okay, but does not help me. If it helps you, great! No need to defend your position. I respect it without hearing it.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:12 AM
Administrator

Please ignore any messages like this: "In my opinion you are not right. I can defend the position. Write to me in PM."

It appears to be automated spam/malware trying to get you to PM them so they can reply with advertisements (or something worse.)

This is very hard to block because it appears like a regular response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by epm View Post
When someone shares what works for them (and it really does work for me), a judgment on it makes no sense. If what I do is not right for you, then do whatever is right. As an adult with ADD issues, I've had to adapt and try out many different types of personal information managers. In Achieve Planner, I've found a winner for the way that I think. Personal Brain is okay, but does not help me. If it helps you, great! No need to defend your position. I respect it without hearing it.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:51 AM

Default thanks

Thanks, Roger. I knew that this was spam but forgot (ADD) and am trying to learn how to be polite to telemarketers and the like. Sigh.